Chronicles of a Jedi Master

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Doubts

When I opened my eyes it took a while to focus. Blinking a few times I saw Anakin's face looking down with anguish. "Hi." I said weakly.

He sighed. "Welcome back." Anakin reached out a hand to help me up.

"Welcome back from what?" I rubbed the back of my head. "What happened?"

He told me quickly. "You were about to take off my head."

"I am so sorry Anakin.” I didn't know how to say this without sounding weak. "Please don't think for one moment that I feel like this."

But I could see that thoughts were nagging him when Anakin finally answered. "It comes from somewhere, Obi-Wan. Do you regret taking me as your apprentice that much?" He looked hurt and confused.

"Force Anaki, no." I meant it. "I was young and inexperienced and if I made any mistakes in your training it is my responsibility alone."

He looked away not believing a word I had just said. "We have a job to do." Anakin said coolly. "Are you alright now?"

"Anakin." I reached out to him. "You are my brother."

He nodded not convinced. "Are you alright?" He asked again.

"Yes." What else could I say to convince him that my words were truthful? "We better get going." I sighed deeply. This mission was not going well at all and it took us in a direction I did not anticipate.

I felt the gap that had begun to appear between a while ago grow wider and although Anakin knew it was from the gas he was quiet. "Keep away from the vents, if you don’t mind." He tried to smile.

"I shall." My attempt to return his smile failed miserably..

Anakin lead the way. For what seemed like hours we crept in the shadows without seeing or hearing anything. Suddenly we found a huge locked door. He looked it over.

"This place seems to be constructed of more doors than the palace on Naboo." I stared at the heavy durasteel door.

Anakin smiled to himself when I mentioned Naboo. "A maze, a trap."

"Definitely." I applied the Force to push the door open just a bit.

" I have a really bad feeling about this," He muttered

"Same here." I added as we entered an empty room.

He slithered inside after me. A foul smell reached our noses. "Lovely." He muttered.

"Centuries of unused air." I tried not to breathe through my nose.. "Let's see where this door leads."

"To something nasty, I'm sure." Anakin growled.

"We need to find the main chamber."

"I'm going to guess-" He pointed, "It would be down those dark stairs."

"I do hope so." I said skeptically.

"I'll be very happy to be out of here." Anakin stepped down the stairs and lit his saber for light. We went down another set of stairs that curved to the right. He looked back at me and started to walk down.

I let Anakin take the lead hilt in hand as I followed him around several corners and turns which took us deeper into the building. I could feel the pain of many who had never left this place alive.

My attempts to feel Adana’s Life Force were not rewarded and worry flooded through me. I did not want to entertain any thoughts of what might have happened.

At the bottom there was a large, circular chamber with one door and nothing else. It looked like a huge water tank. Anakin gave me a pained look. "Let me guess. We go in there and something bad happens. What do you think?"

"I believe you are right." I looked at Anakin.

I smiled. "Flip you for who goes in first."

"I go first." I walked past him through the door and down another long dark passage. Suddenly my senses tingled and I stopped.

"A water tank chamber with stairs-" Anakin froze. "Here we go."

"Slow now." I cautioned.

Posted by Master Obi-Wan :: 9:06 PM :: 6 comments

Post a Comment

-------------------------------------