Chronicles of a Jedi Master

Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Beast

"Nothing will get us killed." I snorted. "Have I ever placed us in danger? I am not the one who takes extra risks on missions."

He spun around. "I take extra risks? And what do I do? Play with my saber? We take risks; we put ourselves on danger. We watch out for each other, which I am trying to do right now since you are off your game." His angry voice echoed along the cold stone walls.

"I am not off my game, for the last time. Taking risks in the name of duty is fine but beyond that it is foolish." I didn't know what to make of all of this. "Anakin, can't this wait? And I never stopped looking out for you."

"Okay, fine. This isn't the place for this anyway." He answered with frustration in his voice.

"NO it is not." Suddenly I felt a ripple in the Force. "Someone is coming."

Anakin’s head shot around and he shoved me deeper into the shadows. We waited, and saw nothing but knew someone was there.

"It's large, what ever is moving out there." I moved away from Anakin. “I can feel it move."

The floor started to shake hard under our feet. We cast a look at each other. "You have got be kidding me!" He gasped in a loud whisper. "A rancor in here?"

"Hey, I know I didn't put it in here." I could not prevent from chuckling. "Looks like we are going to have our hands full."

Anaking had to grin. "One of us is probably going to have their hands full."

"I attack from the front creating a diversion and you try to strike the deadly blow." I had regained some of my balance.

Anakin took off in the shadows.

I stepped out in the open and waited for the animal to sense me. I could see the shadow of it's great form and smell its putrid stink. I ignited my blade to attract its full attention and moved slowly to the side giving Anakin room to move.

Anakin walked around the back of the heckling thing. Then it spotted me. He force jumped in the air and landed on his head. It reared back and tried to toss him off.

I called to the animal and it turned its attention back to me showing two rows of ferocious looking teeth. Hoping that Anakin would be able to finish this quickly I jumped in its path.

Rancors are not easy to conquer. Anakin had to use careful balance not to mention the way this thing roared the whole place knew we were there by now. He ran up the edge of its ugly head and slammed his light saber right through the skull to the brain.

I hardly had enough time to leap away when it fell toward me. Part of the massive head buried me. I struggled to free myself but was able to before Anakin had to assist me. "Excellent job." I grimaced at Anakin.

Posted by Master Obi-Wan :: 7:16 PM :: 3 comments

Post a Comment

-------------------------------------