Chronicles of a Jedi Master

Saturday, September 01, 2007

A smelly affair

As we sat in the seedy cantina, the plan was forming.

“We have to be prepared for any surprise attacks as well,” I said.

Anakin ordered a drink and nearly spit it out when he took a sip making a face. "Dirt! Yeah, but we can only plan for that so far. Once we get in, they'll know we are there."

"We have to disguise our Force signatures as soon as we get close to the premises. Otherwise we compromise the rescue mission." I shoved my drink way.

Anakin nodded, agreeing. "There should be an entrance to the sewage system close to warehouse. Down here, there are garbage dumps everywhere, but as you can see, they don't use them much."

I nodded feeling an odd sense of distress and looked away when Anajin noticed. I felt dislodged and wasn’t exactly sure why, an emotion I do not feel comfortable with. I sensed Anakin’s anger. “I’ll be fine, stop worrying.” I mumbled.

Anakin nodded unconvinced.

As we walked out, there were eyes watching us. Anakin seemingly ignored them outwardly but in the back of his mind he was watching just like I did. Outside, Artoo rolled out the shadows and followed us down the trash-ridden street, beeping at Anakin’s heels. We dropped Artoo and his pack off in the equally wonderful domicile I was occupying and met Anakin back on the street.

My young friend lifted my chin. "Lets get close to the warehouse and find the entrance to the sewers."

We walked in silence until we found the cover to the sewage entrance. "You first,” I said, waving my hand, half-grinning.

The entrance was located in a back ally. A gaping hole in the wall, that angled down in a shoot which ended up at the bottom. Anakin jumped up on the lip and gave me a half smile. "Naturally," he said and disappeared inside.

HE hit the bottom with a splash, but before HE pushed with Force and managed not to end up on my backside in ankle deep sludge. Anakin backed out of the way as I came out the shoot and landing on my backside. He held out hand to me.

"Need a hand?"

I grabbed my hand and jumped up with a disgusted look. "Thanks," I muttered.

Anakin hid his smile and then lifted a finger to point to my cheek. "You might want to get that off."

The rather large insect squeaked as I swatted it off his face. "We need to go that way." I pointed to the canal leading down to the left.

Anakin shrugged off his robe thankfully that his backside wasn't as wet as mine was. Of course he didn't fall either. "Take your robe off. You might dry faster." He suggested.

"Ah, good idea." I shed the wet garment and looked with revulsion at my boots. "I dare not take anything else off."

He handed me his robe, which was mostly dry. "Wipe off or they'll smell you coming," Anakin thought it to be a good joke.

"Thanks." I wiped off the dirt but it didn’t help much. I know Anakin could still smell it but he wasn’t going to say it. “Let’s go.”

Posted by Master Obi-Wan :: 10:09 PM :: 5 comments

Post a Comment

-------------------------------------