Chronicles of a Jedi Master

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The Search Begins

After disconnecting from Anakin I find myself more uneasy about his mission than before. I have no doubts about his abilities and skills but there is much he left unsaid and that is what worries me most. I know he believes I do not trust him but that is far from the truth. If he wasn't worth my trust I would have never taken him on as Padawan. Anakin is like the son I never had and will never have.

And he is wrong, he saved me 9 times only. That business on Keito Nomeidia truly does not count. He knows how to push my buttons, that is for sure but also how to bring a smile to my face. Force, I hope he'll come back in one piece.

Well, back to business at hand. Mace has provided me with little information but at least the council had no quarrels in giving me free hand conducting the search. Dex's Diner will be my first stop. My old friend will provide me with fake ID Docks and anything else that might come handy. Dex never lost his old connections and I know some of the best are right here in the city.

Dex greets me with his usual grin as I enter the diner and beckons me to sit down in a quiet corner. He joins me shortly after with a large cup of juice for me and something more potent for him.

"I heard, Marusi is back in town." Dex regards me with a long look. "And how is your Lady Jedi friend?"

"She is a fellow Jedi." I can't help but grin about his attempts to enhance my private life. "Yes, he is. Have heard anything about his whereabouts?"
He chuckles."Some say he is hiding in the lower levels, others say they have seen him in the Senatorial district."

"Looks like he is up to his old tricks. I better find him as soon as possible. I need ID Docks and some of your sources if possible."

"Anything for you my friend." Dex nods. "Give me about 30 minutes and all will be ready."

"Thank you." I say while ordering some of his food. Might as well eat before I head out.

Not long after he returns with everything I require including the address of a place to stay and a set of clothing. "You might need these." he grimaces looking me over. "You still stand out even in your civilian attire."

I shrug my shoulders. "Thank you Dex. I guess it's hard to change ones spots."

"Any time." Dex rises and we shake hands. "Good luck." he adds before we part.

Once outside I hail an airtaxy to take me to the first address on his datapad. It is one of the many bars frequented by those who live in the shadows. The taxi drops me off two blocks from the my destination. The short walk gives me an opportunity to look around and study my surroundings. It is quite sad that a wealthy city like Coruscant has just a vast population of the poor and underpriveliged. I am aware that many see Jedi as royalty and have developed a deep hatred to the order. I do hope that our image will improve again one day.

The bright neon sign that reads "The Last Resort" clashes with the blackened walls of the building. I enter carefully suprised about it's interior. The walls are decorated with painted and holographic images and although the clientelle is seedy, the atmosphere is far from it. Light colors compete with darker, more subtle colors. I walk up to the bar and order a drink.

The bartender, a Rodian, regards me with a suspicious look but then serves me without any further ado. I let my eyes roam around the premises. Not many patrons are around this time of day, I will have to come back in the evening. Hopefully my first contact will be here tonight. For now all I can do and be patient.

Posted by Master Obi-Wan :: 7:52 PM :: 13 comments

Post a Comment

-------------------------------------